Monday, June 20, 2011

To Call At This Time

I thought of a girl last night
I was going to call,
But I didn't want to restrict her time.
Her Time might be occupied?
I was not capable of calling at all.

I thought of all the time that had lapsed.
I thought of spring when we sat in a swing.
I thought of summers when we were light headed.
I thought of winters when I would keep her phone a jingling.

I remember traveling 244 miles just to get a good nights sleep.
I remember the joy and respect and love
And everything she gave me.
I have given her a long thing.
I have given her a little round thing.
That shines in her eye.

This is not the time to think of the hard times.
This is not the time for heart aches.
This is the time to make some money
The Big State B's basketball tournament is on TV.

By Brock

No comments:

Post a Comment