Saturday, January 25, 2014

I'm Older

When you get older ,
Nothing gets better .
You watch much more
Than you ever play or do these days .
Your dreams are only seem
While you sleep .
Your sleep is measured
By the number of naps
You take during the long day .
Your not so open to ambition .
Your smile on your face
Has more wrinkles  .
Your ears are more ready to listen .
Your arms are always open .
Your hands are always ready to help ,
Because you are older .
Your eye sight is nothing like it once was ,
But you have your memories .
When you have pain these days  ,
It seems to last longer
Like it grows on you
And it never goes away .
When you get hurt  ,
It is how far and how deep
And how long will my scar go and last ?
Oh I don't care .
I'm getting older each day .

                                               By Brock

No comments:

Post a Comment