Saturday, March 9, 2013

Grandma’s Rocking Chair

Grandma’s rocking chair is empty these days
But I have the memories .
She would pull it out into the middle of her living room ,
 
As the world turns .
I would sit in her special cradle
As she watched TV and put me to sleep .
As I got older
I would sit on her lap .
I knew I could tell her anything  .
 
When I was sad
She would bring me light .
She would teach me what matters most .
She lead me to be thankful for the gift of faith .
 
She would rock in her chair
Until she died
And her rosary  was in her hand always .
She would say the rosary more than once a day  .
 
I carry my rosary with me every day
Just like my father did
And just like my grandma did .
I say the rosary when I can .
Yes I can
Dad and Grandma and God know .
They know I have grandma’s rocking chair
To help me make it through any day .
 
                                    By Brock
 

No comments:

Post a Comment