Tuesday, April 12, 2016

I Want To Be Like Dad

Dad always had a twinkle in his eye .
He gave my heart ease .
He never got a BS degree 
But was the smartest man 
I ever knew .
He told me when someone
Hurts you 
You need to be better 
Than the person who hurt you .
He told me I had to listen
More than I talk  .
He could protect me
Even When I could not see him .
He never put anyone down 
Not even the old .
He called special kids smiley .
He loved everyone 
And he loved to have fun .
With everyone no matter their age .
He and I would on Sundays 
Go out and give his horse a beer .
He was able to respect everyone 
Even those who hurt his loved ones in time .
He said I need to laugh 
When I am hurting inside .
He was a treasure in my eyes .
I want to be more like my dad .

                     By Brock

No comments:

Post a Comment