Sunday, March 10, 2019

Awe At Your Wonder


As I ran about two hours before dawn ,
The birds chatter gradually 
Swells to a soft , slow , throat vibrating .
Songs directed heavenward .
I felt like being invited to join .
Sometimes I add feeble songs of praise .
To the birds choir .
Sometimes I just listen .
I feel the icy heaviness melt and joy 
And hope awaken in me .
Yes the darkness , will end soon .
When I run I do not think of my loneliness ,
My physical or relational wounds ,
My longing for darkness 
Will turn to light .
I can learn from the rhythms 
Of the bird songs as I run .
Their songs will come to a climax 
During the darkness and usher in 
The light of the morning that is coming .
Remember , the whole earth is filled 
With wonders where morning dawns 
Where evening fades , you call forth songs of joy .

                                                            I Love You All
                                                            By Brock

No comments:

Post a Comment