Sunday, September 16, 2018

The Love Around Us



I have spent time with brilliant 
Kids and young people .
They are full of life .
They brim with passion 
About their interests
And laugh with an abandon 
That is rare among adults .
They tell me about domestic abuse  ,
Disease , homelessness ,depression 
And many things that weigh on their hearts .
Each time my heart breaks a little more to .
I wish I could mend their broken hearts .
Jesus is the only one with that power .
He can use me despite the big cracks 
In my heart .
He can pour out his spirit 
Through my pouring of fresh coffee
Or chai green tea 
And offering a since of his presence 
As I sit down to share a listening ear 
Or word of encouragement 
By listening I can let the love of God
Flow through me to those around me .

                                      I Love You All
                                      By Brock

No comments:

Post a Comment