Thursday, May 24, 2018

Imitator


I love to be like my dad .
He had an incredible and often 
Unexplainable sense of joy and peace .
He was loyal to family and friends .
He had the one liners
And that special look in his eyes
and he would call all kids smiley .
He had an easy going approach to life .
He was blessed with a spirit 
Of quiet contemplation .
He had a smile of everyone .
I try to imitate the good things 
I learned from my dad 
Like squeaky ears .
I want to follow his example 
Of obedience , perseverance 
Joy and love .
I know he was not perfect ,
But dad trusted Jesus 
To forgive his shortcomings 
And to love him in spite of them .
Dad had the kind of faith 
And trust that is certainly worth imitating .

                                      In Love You All
                                      By Brock

No comments:

Post a Comment