As I begin my morning run
And the wind begins to blow
And the air is already with heavy humidity
And the intense sunshine .
My run is in direct sunlight .
I found myself longing for the shade
Of the few trees lining the road .
When I found some shade ,
The refreshment and coolness beckoned
Me to slow my pace even more at my age .
At my age yes I could hear a bird singing
In the branches overhead .
I thought of the song
The Wind Beneath Your Wings .
The bird was singing joyfully .
I was rejoicing in the shadow
Of the trees protection from the heat .
As I continued my run home ,
I thought of my grandma
And the faith she had in me .
She always lifted me up
And told me never give up on your dreams
So I will pick up my pace
With the sun in my face .
I Love You All
By Brock
No comments:
Post a Comment