Sunday, August 7, 2016

To Be Chosen

The boys ran from one side
Or the other laughing ,clapping
Their hands in excitement not me
Growing up I failed in all sports .
My inability to stay focused
On a play matched my clumsiness .
I was always the last chosen .
Standing alone waiting
For a team leader to pick me .
I felt the minutes drag by like hours .
I want and needed acceptance .
The day I graduated from high school
Part of my joy involved putting
That pain behind me .
No matter my experience in life
I do not want to feel unwanted
Abandon or rejected .
I know I will always be on God's team .
I do not require special skills
To earn a spot on God's team only to pray .
I don't need to just stand on the sidelines
Waiting to be chosen
Because God will let me coach under him .
Today I am a coach of men .

                                            By Brock

No comments:

Post a Comment