Saturday, September 16, 2017

Rejoice And Be A Happy Pilgrim

Lord help me to rejoice and be a happy pilgrim .
There are many things in life
That can make me a slave to melancholy thoughts
Despondency and gloom and lie in wait some mornings.
My mind is restless and filled with so many anxious thoughts
That cheerfulness seems like just a nice dream
That is past ,
I sometimes dwell on my own inner helplessness and conscious
Of how little I have accomplished in my life .
I know all of God's glorious promises belong to me ,
I confidently come to him with all the weight
That pulls me down .
He said your concern is my concern .
I know God wants me to be a happy pilgrim
I'm not to look at all that went wrong
In my life ,
But to see how God has made wonderful things
Out of what went to pieces for me
When I did those things ,
I believe in God so I will rejoice and be a happy pilgrim .

                                                       By Brock

No comments:

Post a Comment