Sunday, October 24, 2021

The Wooden Gun


I just want to go hunting in my van .
I will take my gun and go up north .
Where my dad and I and my uncles 
Would hunt for less than an hour .
I will just sit and cry tomorrow .
I will see all the pheasants 
In my memory .
Dad made me a wooden gun 
When I was small .
I never missed a pheasant 
With that gun .
We all would stop at the store 
And I would get a big Nutt Goody and pop .
I would listen to all the guys talk 
As the pheasants would fly by the outside door .
We had our limit of birds .
Oh the memory of my wooden gun 
And dad and my uncles and dad's friends .
                                              I Love You All
                                              By Brock
                                              Smiley



No comments:

Post a Comment