Monday, September 3, 2012

Phantom Pain


Have you ever had phantom pain ?
The pain that can hit any part
Of your body even if you don't
Truly have that part
If you know what I mean .
The pain that feels real oh so real .
Any part of your body can go at any time .
I have an heightened awareness
I feel a live each morning
Even when I have some phantom pain .
I feel like one tiny little grass
Stand on this earth I see.
I am not guaranteed anything
But I take each day
And try to have fun and joy in it .
Some phantom pain will go away
Even if nobody but I have that kind of pain .
Someone may say
You don't have pain
You don't know what true pain is .
I would never ask anyone
If they have pain .
It is not for me to say or even ask
But I will say I care
If you tell me .
At my age I can see pain
in the people I love ,
Pain or phantom pain or pain hurts
The people who have it
And the people who love the people
Who have it.
By Brock

No comments:

Post a Comment