Saturday, June 15, 2013

Going With My Uncle

There is never a time I did not
Want to go with my uncle .
He was more than my mediator .
He was my teacher .
We would go fishing once in a while
But not enough for me .
One last thing we talked about was going fishing ,
But he went with out me that hurts me a little even these days
When I think about it .
I lost more than the fish that I may have gotten a way from me .
He will not tell me how to reel them in any time soon .
 
When we traveled together ,
He always had to drive  .
He would always talk about what he did
And how he did it years ago and he always knew
How many miles it was from here to there !
He knew the price of land  as we drove down the road  !
He would always point special things out to me .
He was never lost .
 
I had an older uncle  , who knew it all
All you had to do is ask him !
He would tell his little brother
he was wrong from time to time !
 
I learned a lot from my uncles
Just ask any of them  !
Tiny and I had fun fishing
And hunting for pheasants
And cleaning them birds !
It was a true fun way of learning
From the master of everything .
We would eat chicken on the way home .
I wish , I was going with uncle Tiny today .
Well I will have my everlasting memories
Of my uncle Tiny .
He was more than tiny in my eyes .
 
                                               By Brock

No comments:

Post a Comment