Saturday, June 15, 2013

I Hitched A Ride With Dad


First, dad would hold me in his arms .
He would dance with me as he sang to me .
He was always using the right key to get me to sleep .
As I got older ,
I hitched a ride on dad’s knee .
We would ride into the sunset .
Together we would laugh so hard
That mom would say
From time to time no more.
Dad would say ok
Until tomorrow night .
As I got older ,
Dad and I would go for a ride
In his pickup called Old Faithful
Because dad could always get Old Faithful going  .
I would get to sit on his lap
And drive Old Faithful out into the country .
And  go see Tiley dad’s horse .
We would go for a ride together.
Dad riding Tiley  sitting on the big horn saddle .
I got to sit around the big horn !!
I would try to keep my 2 hands on the horn
But dad his one big arm around me
So I would be safe  .
We would ride as one .
We would sing Black Bird .
Oh I still have these early memories
Of hitching rides with daddy.
 
                            By Brock

No comments:

Post a Comment