Friday, August 23, 2013

My Uncle Jimmy


 
They tell me I looked like you .
They say waiting is a normal part of family life ,
But you and I never liked to wait .
I remember the time I talked about a tree
To uncle Jimmy and before I knew it
He had climbed the tree and trimmed it at age 62 .
Only uncle Jimmy could tell a story
About toilet paper and the size of the paper
And how it fit on his finger !
He said he knew God and he knew more
Than most people  .
He had trouble listening to people .
I believe , I know more than people
Will give me credit for and I know God to .
I have trouble listening to people today .
I am like uncle Jimmy .
The time spent with him made a weekend
Or a week of hunting for pheasants
Or just a summer night feel like
A vacation to him and me .
I even talked to uncle Jimmy
When I ran this morning
And only he and I and God knew why .
 
                                  By Brock

No comments:

Post a Comment