Friday, September 6, 2013

My Uncles

Life goes on years go by
But their memories
Will never die .
I think of them often ,
In my heart they will always be there.
The things they did and said
Will never leave me .
One would say what he thought
Had to be said and forget about the cost .
The other would show us
What had to be done with a smile .
It was and is always easier to bring family
Together than to push family apart
And they brought the family together ,
In November every year for a family pheasant hunt .
On the 4th of July they always brought sparks my way .
Once in a great while we would go fishing
In the same area my dad and I would fish .
Oh those stories they would tell me .
They embraces family always .
People talk about them in front of me even today .
I want to think that they
Just went fishing and hunting for pheasants ahead of me .
They are even showing me the right way to do things even today .
I talk to them once in a while ,
When I run or go fishing or hunting .
I know they hear me .
I just wish , they would talk back .
 
                           By Brock

No comments:

Post a Comment