Friday, December 27, 2013

My Hope In 2014

It is a new year 2014 .
It is a new day Jan 1 .
It will be 8 years without a drink for me .
Last year was not easy .
Some days were harder for me to see
So I drank more green tea  or coffee
Like a wise guy told me I should
To get through the bad days .
People don't know what I have been through
But for some one to ask me to open a can of beer.
I was told it was a twist cap but it was not .
I prayed for the guy
Who laughed at my expense .
He did not know the cost of that beer
That one day in 2013 to me .
I hope in 2014
I keep my serenity and sobriety
I hope you all know what I mean .
I only take one day at a time
There are so many twist and turns every day .
I pray every day because I know Jesus is always with me .

                                                                    By Brock

No comments:

Post a Comment