Sunday, September 11, 2016

Grandma's House

When I was in school ,
The main street in town was all dirt ,
But it was my home town .
At noon the whistle would blow
And some kids would flip the u .
I would go to grandma' house .
She would feed me much more than food .
Grandma's house had a rap around porch
And her house sat on a corner along the HWY
But her front door was never locked .
Anyone could just walk in and go to sleep
Or have some fun
Or get some education from grandma .
She had a black dog .
I could always talk to
When no one else could understand me .
In this world today
I can not say
The dog's name ,
But people down south say it all the time
It is not right even to say it
Down south or in my home town today .

                                  By Brock

No comments:

Post a Comment