Sunday, June 17, 2012

My Dad

Time doesn't negate the respect
One owes to one's father .
Take care of your father
When he is old in your eyes .
Grieve him not as long as he lives
Even if his mind may fail .
Be considerate with him .
He would say , he is fine for the shape
He is in .
We would go hunting not running
But we would go fishin .
He would say live life to the fullest .
He would say be not afraid .
When I run like even today I think about him .
He would say an example is the best teacher
He would say I will be with you
Until the end of time .
He would let you laugh .
He would not laugh at you .
He would make a child's ear squeak .
He would call all children Smiley .
When he took snap shots of everyone ,
no matter the age ,
He would tell you to say
Horse ban newer !!!!
There was always fireworks around my dad
He loved to play games with people and kids .
My dad was short but when we rode horses
My dad was oh so tall in the saddle .
Happy Father's Day dad to all
By Brock

No comments:

Post a Comment