Saturday, June 23, 2012

Time To Time

While coming of age
I still keep falling down
From time to time .
The phone does not ring as loud
Or as often as it once did
A long time ago .
Growing up is growing old .
The bones hurt more as time goes by .
You don't count how many times you hit the floor,
But how many times you get up off the floor .
When I wake up from a nap or in the morning ,
I wish I could see things more clearly
And understand people and things better
As time goes by and years go by
And as young kids and some people pass me by
It is ok for the bright sun to catch you crying .
If you go outside and the sun is shinning ,
And if you go fishing or hunting or running
Did you know the birds above make beautiful music
Before the angels do ?
I am coming of age .
By Brock

No comments:

Post a Comment