Wednesday, June 1, 2016

I Remember You

My uncles told me I could always
Come to you whenever I get down 
And after they have gone .
They said you would never
Hurt me ,
Because you got a heart of gold
And you have been around .
I have so much on my heart  .
The last time I saw you ,
You made this old man cry .
A few days later you drove
By my house and did not stop
To say good by .
As the walls close in on me ,
I wish , I could have your embrace
But your just to far away from me these days .
I guess that's the way you want it to be .
Oh what could have been ,
If nothing else you could have cut my gray hair
All because of the worry in my life .
There are days 
I get down on my knees .
I wish , you could see my family 
And yes to me your family too .
I talk to our uncles about every day
Because they understand me even today .

                                  By Brock

No comments:

Post a Comment