Sunday, July 3, 2016

Running

I am a runner and some people
Think I should not be one .
I try to prove them wrong  .
I have stepped out of my home
And greet the day with my
Special step by step rhythm
Of my feet .
Some people ask if I run with head phones ?
I do not .
I find it better off having my daily
Conversation with my loved ones
Especially God .
These morning runs have become
My special prayer room 
And I am thankful for this quiet time
With God  .
My chats with my loved ones  and God
Range from prayer for family members
And friends and talks with family
And friends who are not here these days
But I still ask for guidance and direction
For my life .
My friends and family and God
Are always listening to me
As the dawn is breaking around me .
I know I can run , sweat , pray and cry
And nobody but God can tell the difference
When I run for I will always be in my prayer room
And nobody can judge me
Or laugh at me or say no you can not do that .

                                               By  Brock

No comments:

Post a Comment