Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Prepare The Child

I brought my child to the rest home
To see her great grandma .
She was captive by debilitating age
But she showed her great grandchild
The gorgeous spring day
That danced invitingly
On the other side of the window pane .
Oh the bird feeder out side the window .
A bird flitted close to help itself to some seed .
My grandma would say
She was fine for the shape she is in .
Grandma was dysfunctional
But we all become a little dysfunctional
As time goes by .
I try to prepare the child for her road of life
Not the road for the child .
I try to equip the child
To deal with the difficulties
The child will encounter
On her road of life .
Grandma told her great grandchild
To take one day at a time
and have fun when you can .
The great grandchild would go
To the rest home when she could
To visit her great grandma
Because she loved her
And also she learned
Something from her great grandma
Every time she visited her .
The child's eyes and great grandma's eyes
Sparkled eye to eye every time .
I tried to do the right thing
To prepare the child
Like my grandma prepared me  .

                                By Brock

No comments:

Post a Comment