Friday, August 28, 2020

Can Not Sleep


Once again I can not sleep .
Unresolved  fear and anxiety 
Became magnified by the dark quiet .
Praying only made me focus 
On my troubles ever more 
And I even question if God really cares .
I snuggled under the covers ,
Shut my eyes and began 
Remembering the good things 
That had happened that day .
As I counted them ,
The bright spots added up 
Like an email , a phone call ,
A friend having a good day .
Peace slowly re[laced fear .
Still a wake I listed things 
I had accomplished that today ,
No matter how trivial ,
Like doing dishes , cloths , 
Bringing in the mail .
Contentment replaced restlessness .
Finally I read comforting Bible 
Passages and prayers .
By the end of this process 
I was falling asleep , secure again 
That God really does care 
And is working in my life .
                                 I Love You All
                                 By Brock
                                 Smiley

No comments:

Post a Comment