Friday, March 2, 2018

I Will Not Break

In the winter time 
I look out the window sometimes
And look at the sapling
And look at the bare knotted branches 
Bowing under the heavy snow and sparking icicles .
How long will those bending 
Boughs endure before breaking 
Under their icy burdens  ?
It reminds me of my shoulders
Hunched beneath the weight of worries .
I know I will be tempted to succumb to worry .
I will come to Him and trust Him ,
His presence and provisions in the present 
And I will live by faith .
Like my grandma said ,
One day at a time .
I will face overwhelming troubles
And uncertainties 
That can make my shoulders droop .
I may temporarily bend 
Under the weight of worrying 
But I will trust God 
And I will not break because of worry .

                                I love you all
                                By Brock

No comments:

Post a Comment