Sunday, July 19, 2020

The Storm


A severe thunderstorm has blown 
through the area with vengeance ,
But now the sun is shone 
More radiantly than usual .
I felt as broken as the tree limbs 
I was collecting .
The weight of the world pressed on me 
Concerns over family health issues ,
Finances , fractured relationships .
I tried to banish these issues 
From my thoughts .
I try to focus on the blessings
I have received and for those 
Yet to come .
A joyful trill of birds filtered 
Through my disdurbed thoughts .
As I listen a male cardinal 
Landed on a limb directly above me .
He threw back his head 
And serenaded me with gusto
It is now a beautiful day for all .
                            I Love You All
                            By Brock
                            Smiley

No comments:

Post a Comment