Saturday, February 11, 2012

To Remind Me

I wrote a poem called Handicap
And a true friend wrote what he
Thought about my writing the poem .
A person questioned my writing .
Yes I did write it .
I have been writing over 40 years .
I have written some good ones and
some bad ones .
There are people who don't think I run .
I run the best I can .
To those who think I can not hunt ,
I do and I do hit the birds from time to time !
To those who think I don't fish .
I can fish with the best of them .
To my aunt who is near 80 who said years ago
You don't have a drinking problem .
Is in dream land. She never spent 4 days in a row
with me in over 30 years .
She know our family.
She once saw me beat my uncle at a game of horse.
She said you should be on the high school basketball game .
She hurt me again when she said that .
I know how good I am !!!
That is why my friends call me Coach Brock to this day .
My aunt likes to dream so do I .
To those who did not walk in my shoes ,
Or felt weird to shake my hand ,
Or to dance with me ,
Or even think I could not do some thing
They don't really know me .
2 of my uncles who knew me
Always made me feel like one of the family
But they are dead .
I talk to them when I run or fish.
I wish they could have read some of my poems.
I guess they help me do every thing even today.
I can hear them talking to me .
I can hear my dad and my grandma as well .

I will read what my friend said about my poem Handicap
To keep the incentive of writing on in my heart
from time to time
so thank you Old friend
I hope that people who read my blog
will read the poem Handicap
and then read what
my friend said about the poem .
I even helped my friend write a term paper in college
35 years ago
So My friend knows me
Thank you Big Guy
May God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment