Monday, July 30, 2012

Dad

I was always a little afraid of him ,
But loved him and respected him always .
He always had a thick saddle cinch strap
On the small kitchen wall to help keep
us in line
He had a great impact on anyone he touched .
He made us all smile and every child was smiley or squeaky .
He was always an inspiration to me .
You always knew where he stood
He seemed to tell me all the time
You are to be seen not heard .
Everything was an effort to him .
He was always in pain .,
But he always wanted kids around .
He kind of had a can opener to his kids minds .
He showed us all his love for the outdoors
For horses , fishing and hunting
And just watching people on main street
On a Saturday night with him was fun .
He never complained about his pain .
I never really got a hug from him
But I always knew he loved me
Without him telling me .
He knew God and that God
Will take care of us always .

No comments:

Post a Comment