Sunday, April 14, 2013

Aunt Judy

One day I asked my child to go visit
Aunt Judy at the rest home .
The child said but she can not speak
All she does is sleep .
I said , her door is always open
And she is never alone .
My child said , she can not help
With my home work , she can not play
With me , we can not even sing together,
She can not cook cookies or anything .
She does not do anything for me .
 
After seeing Aunt Judy for a few days in a row ,
My child asked me why I went out to see
Old Aunt Judy its just one of your duties
Right dad ?
I said no it will never be a duty  to me for she  is family .
She did help me with my home work.
She and I had fun singing , we wrestled
In your grandma’s living room , we had fun in the dirt ,
We even went swimming .
She made cookies and special eggs for Easter .
She baby sat you ,
Because she loved you , me and your mother .
 
She would do anything for us ,
Because of love and because we are family .
I think of her as family and never as a duty .
Someday you will understand what I am saying .
 
                                                   By Brock 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment