Sunday, May 19, 2013

My Grandma

When I was little ,
Grandma would sit in her rocker .
When I sat with her in that special chair
There was always room for me ,
She had to watch As The World Turns .
She could always rock away my sadness .
We would rock awhile and grandma would rock joy into me .
She would have her rosary in her right hand wrapped around
Her fingers in her special way to help her count the beads .
She could say the rosary
With her mouth closed all most !
I can almost do that !
I always wanted to know
What grandma was thinking with her eyes closed ?
She seemed to have a set of eyes behind her head .
She always said to take one day at a time .
When I was with grandma ,
She always had cookies to eat,
If I could not do something that most kids did ,
She would say don’t cry and don’t try so hard .
God and I will help you .
She always made me feel special .
Grandma could straighten me out
Any time of day or night
Like only grandma could .
I wish, grandma was here now
To talk to me like grandma always knew how .
 
                                          By Brock

No comments:

Post a Comment