Thursday, October 25, 2018

Big Love

I was ready for bed 
When my 4 year old came bouncing in .
He returned from a day outside without me .
He jumped in my lap
And we exchanged hugs .
Then he was still and he snuggled
In my arms .
I held him thinking how much I love him .
His mother said:
He is filthy .
Why are you letting him sit in your lap ?
Can you not smell him .
I had to admit the scent of dirt ,
Puppies and even food
And just hard play 
Radiated from his body .
It did not matter to me .
He did not have to be perfect .
Nothing he could do would make 
My love for him any more or any less .
I have unconditional love 
Like the unconditional love
My heavenly Father has for me 
Like my grandma's love 
For me too.
Yes , I feel I have her love even today .

                                          I Love You All
                                          By Brock

No comments:

Post a Comment