Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Standing Firm


When a person made fun of me 
Because I am different 
And my knocking knees 
And my shaky voice 
And I cried as I walked away .
I was crushed .
It is strange how self pity 
Can become a comfortable habit .
It can keep me from learning ,
Growing and continuing to do good thankfully .
Little by little God helped me to regain 
My confidence around the people 
Who made fun of me .
They never think they hurt me at all 
Because they think they are bigger than me .
I learned that allowing self pity 
To dictate my action is not a faithful response
To challenges .
Remember , they will receive the life God had promised 
To those who love Him as their reward .
Remember , though I have been suffering 
I believe I am loved and blessed as a child of God ,

                                                                I Love You All
                                                                By Brock

No comments:

Post a Comment