Friday, June 19, 2020

That One Embrace


One night when my dad was real sick
I went to his bed and gave him a hug 
And held on for a real long time .
I was 14 and told him I loved him 
And we would go pheasant hunting 
And I think tears came down his cheeks .
I did not know the pain and depression
He was going through .
I think our embrace will always stay with me .
For the past 2 years 
I ask Sawyer to give me a hug every day
Or once a night if he is with us .
If he forgets I get to give him a roasting ear !!!!!!!
When he gives me a hug 
I think about my father 
And when I do give Sawyer a roastIng ear 
I think about uncle Jimmy .
                                             I Love You All
                                             By Brock
                                             keep smiling 
                                             Smiley

No comments:

Post a Comment