Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Time Teaches


Time reliably teaches us 
That all is not in our hands ,
The power to transform 
And renew all things 
And all people belong to Christ .
I know that no season is terminal 
The tantrums do not last forever  ,
Neither does the innocence of youth .
Some seasons  have felt dark and long ,
Like sitting up with a sick child 
Or waiting for a teenager to come home 
Or helping some drunk .
And oh how many times do I need to pray ?
I know people can change .
I have changed .
I have become more tired 
And worn down .
I have become more dependent  ,
More attentive , more intermingled
With the lives of all the people I love .
I will keep praying for them .
                                           I Love You All
                                           By Brock

No comments:

Post a Comment