Saturday, January 11, 2020

Held By God


Once my grandson was about to take a nap
He was 3 years old .
His face filled with tears and with alarm .
He said Nanna did not hold me yet .
With a smile she said ,
How long of a hold do you need ?
Five minutes he replied .
As she held her grandson ,
I was so grateful for how ,
Without even trying ,
He constantly reminds me 
What it is like to love and be loved .
I think sometimes we forget 
That our faith journey 
Is one of learning to experience love .
God's love is more fully than we can imagine .
When we lose that focus ,
We can find ourselves trying desperately 
To wins God's approval .
While missing out on all He has already given us .
Through time with Him we can return 
To a place of peace
And find hope we need in His love .
We need to be calm and quiet 
As if we were children again 
In our mother's arms .
                            I Love You All
                            By Brock

No comments:

Post a Comment