Thursday, March 12, 2020

I 'm Fine

(A Poem Grandma used to read)


There's nothing whatever the natter with me .
I'm  just as healthy as I can be .
I have arthritis in both knees 
And when I walk , I talk with a wheeze .

My pulse is weak and my blood is thin ,
But I'm awfully well for the shape I'm in .
I think my liver is out of whack 
And a terrible pain in my back .

My hearing is poor , my sight is dim ,
Most everything seems to be out of trim ,
But I'm awfully well for the shape I'm in .

I have arch support for both my feet ,
Or I wouldn't be able to go on the street .
Sleeplessness I I have night after night ,
And in the morning I'm just a sight .

My memory is failing , my head's in a spin .
I'm peacefully living on aspirin .
But I'm awfully well for the the shape I'm in .

The moral is , as this tale we unfold ,
That for you and me who are growing old ,
It is better to say ,"I'm fine " with a grin 
Than to let them know the shape we're in .
                                                    I Love You All
                                                    By Brock

No comments:

Post a Comment