Sunday, March 29, 2020

The Sadness


I wiped away my tears 
In an attempt to appear strong .
A friend passed me by 
And must have noticed 
My puffy red eyes 
The friend stopped 
And quickly said ,
I think you need a hug .
He gave me a hug
And together we shed 
Some more tears .
His compassion showed me 
It was OK to cry .
I learned that being strong
In the wake of tragedy 
Does not require hiding our sadness .
As Christain we know that even in the midst 
Of the assurance that death is not the end 
As we struggle through times of grief .
The promise given to us through the death 
And resurrection of  Jesus Christ strengthens us ,
Gives us hope and enable us to persevere .
                                                    I Love You All
                                                    By Brock

No comments:

Post a Comment