Sunday, March 29, 2020

Oh To Listen


I was eating lunch downtown 
I noticed a young soldier a few tables away .
I walked over to thank him for his service        
To our county .
I asked where he was headed ,
Hoping to hear , I am going home 
But he answered  ,
I am on my way to build hospitals 
In New York .
Then I noticed several people getting 
Ready to board a plane ,
I realized that any of those people 
Might be headed to a war zone 
Of their own .
They could be facing V 19 ,
Dreading a visit to the doctor ,
Caring for ageing parents ,
And worried about their jobs .
What would it be like 
To ask genuinely about 
Where others are headed 
And then listen to their answers  .
Oh listen please  .
                                 I Love You All 
                                 By Brock

No comments:

Post a Comment