Tuesday, May 17, 2011

An Aunt and Uncle

What do you say to your favorite aunt and uncle?
What do you say to an aunt that washed and played
With my hair, when I was little ?
What do you say to an uncle, that lets me use his
Name on my C.D.'s?
What do you say to the only aunt and uncle, that
Never laughed at me?
They never doubted my abilities.

When I was small, they took me places and we played
Bad mitten too.
When my dad died, my uncle was there because my
Heart was aching.
When I think of my favorite aunt, I think of her
Singing.
When I got older their hear and door was never
Closed on me or you.

When I was at their home, I had to use the vacuum
And do the cleaning!
My uncle did the cooking.
My aunt was to beautiful to get dirty.
One time I went to the store to get something and it
Wasn't cabbage!

What do you say to them for putting up with my
Stories and visits and a letter now and then in 25 years?
I think all I can say is happy silver anniversary.
May their heart and door be open to me and all the
People, who love you two always.

By Brock

No comments:

Post a Comment