Tuesday, May 24, 2011

I Am a Winner

As a boy, I dreamed of being the next Casey Tibbs.
The next Bart Starr, The next Lou Brock.
I played all the sports as a boy for my friends
Let me play even if I didn't have the best agility,
But I had the ability and the joyment of having fun with my friends.

I am pushing 30 today.
I can not play all the games like I use to do,
Because of the situation I am in today.
I still have the ability to have fun watching all
Types of activities!

I do not shoot birdies in gulf, but I still
Shoot a few pheasants.
Once I hit aces on the tennis court, not the only
Aces I get are the ones I get in a card game.
I seldom struck out in a baseball game or softball game!
Now the only time I strike out is with the ladies!

I use to play basketball all hours of the day and night
Making all those lay ups!
Now I only get laid up after trying to make those lay ups today.
I use to swim a lot in the municipal pool.
Now, I just sit by the family pool drinking my favorite brew!

I use to play football as a young boy then I became a (Coach ) trainer
For my high school team then I helped the boys out at Black Hills
State and go to some of the away games.
Now I just sit home and watch all types of football and
Sports in general on TV, because I am
Coach Brock you see
And because I am pushing 30!!

Today, I am a winner for I realized I can't play all sports,
But I can still fish and hunt and jog and see how the sports world
is going on TV even if I am pushing 30.
There is one thing I have after playing all these games that is the name " Coach Brock "
But I never made the Hall of Fame like Lou Brock or Slick or Kim.
But I couched them all and never got payed.

By Brock

No comments:

Post a Comment