Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Saigon Dispatch Home

Hi lady, I feel like I am in a fox hole.
I still hear incoming fire.
Sirens go off just behind my head.
I wish I could retire.
I have my radio.
I hear the bomber and the M16's fire over head.
I have no ammunition of my own. but if anyone
Else over here needs anything, I have the radio!

They know that when it gets bad, I can call and
Get Charlie Company.
Charlie Company always comes to the rescue.
There are captains, sergeants and higher ups
All around me.
There is nobody in my hole, but the radio.
I wish I could tell you about this dirty war over here.
I will try and come home by 6 PM. to see the children and you.

I just wish I didn't have to go to my Saigon, when the sun comes up.
When I come to work or go to war, I have to wear strong make - up.
The only thing I can do in this situation is stay in my fox hole
Or get shot at or run like hell.
After I get out of here, I am going to run isn't that just swell.
Say lady do you want to run with me?

By Brock

No comments:

Post a Comment