Thursday, May 5, 2011

Wallflower

Have you long forgotten the wallflower?
The wallflower with no happy color.
He kept his coat on for the longest time.
He stood by the records reading their jacket up and down,
As the record played.
He looked like he was looking for something he could not find.


He stood somewhat dejected.
He moved once or twice.
He either went to get some pop or some food to eat.
He therefore looked busy .
Hw wanted to think he was happy.
He sometimes goes outside late at night to see if there
Was a fight.
When he stood till eating or watching the fight and he
Heard the music, he always tapped his feet to the beat.
He wanted to dance with a beautiful girl, but he was
Just to shy.
He did not want to be rejected.
He was therefore always quiet and he always, said hi!
This wallflower of years gone by was me.
Today I am no wallflower.
I have out grown the wallflowers.
Today I dance with the beautiful lady and I gave her red roses.

By Brock

No comments:

Post a Comment