Friday, April 26, 2019

A Joyful Noise


As a child I stood by my dad 
And we sang in church every Sunday .
I sang with gusto ,
Without worrying whether I was tune 
Or off key .
We sang with all our heart and voice 
With simple praise ,
Oh the fruit of our lips 
That openly profess his name .
We let the word of Christ 
To dwell in us to praise God 
With singing and gratitude .
Sometimes our insecurities 
Hamper our worship .
Today I sing more quietly 
Because I worry I am singing of key .
Maybe I can learn to come before God 
And worship 
Like I was a child 
And not worry about how i sound 
But simply praise for God's mercy 
And love .
Every time I go to church 
I think about my dad singing 
With his joyful noise ,

                I Love You All
                By Brock

No comments:

Post a Comment