Friday, April 19, 2019

Good Friday


I will plant potatoes on Good Friday 
In the dirt with the eyes to the sky.
After a while a small shoot peeks out  .
The potatoes that appeared lifeless was alive .
As Easter is about here it reminds me 
Of grandma and I as we planted potatoes on Good Friday .
How hopeless Jesus followers 
Must have felt when they saw Him die on the cross 
And watched his lifeless body carried away 
And sealed in a tomb
Hope was not dead .
Three days later Jesus would rise 
Triumphant over death and the grave .
Jesus' resurrection is a far greater miracle 
Than grandma's and my potato plants 
But the potatoes show me that even 
When the outlook seems hopeless ,
We all can wait on God .
Who offers new life , new hope 
And new beginnings .
I do believe .
 Remember , a prayer becomes your habit
Miracles become your lifestyle .

                                                  I Love You All
                                                  By Brock

No comments:

Post a Comment