Friday, October 11, 2019

The Master Gardener


God is the gardener who cuts off every branch 
That fails to bear fruit .
God does prunes fruitful branches 
To produce great yields .
I considered how my spiritual life 
Needs pruning to honor God more effectively 
For example ,simply repeating 
The same actions or words may stifle effective witnessing 
Or hinder my prayer life ,
Bible reading without meditating or seeking God's guidance 
May become meaningless .
Busyness may replace more urgent Christian service .
I need to remember God prunes all of us in different ways 
To draw out attention back to our faith .
When God cuts off old habits 
And refreshes our commitment 
To prayer .
With some Bible study and service we will produce 
More abundant fruit for the kingdom .
                                                               I Love You All
                                                               By Brock

No comments:

Post a Comment