Sunday, February 24, 2019

A Quiet Awe


My life often feels frenzied 
And hectic , turning cell calls 
And checking my her to do list
And hurt my back .
One day I went out back 
And sat in an old out door chair .
I planned to sit for just a moment or two ,
But in the undistracted  stillness 
I began to notice 
Things that invited me to linger longer .
I could hear the creak of the chair ,
The buzz of  bees
By the the near tree ,
And the flap of a birds wing over head .
The sky was a brilliant blue 
And the clouds moved on by
With the South Dakota wind .
I found myself moved by tears 
In response to all that God had made .
I sat long enough to take 
In these many many wonderful things 
Within my eye sight and a ear shot .
I was humbled by the work of God's hand .
What a quiet awe .

                                            I Love You All
                                            By Brock

No comments:

Post a Comment