Wednesday, February 20, 2019

The Aroma


The senses awaken to the lowing 
Of the cows as I run by .
As beautiful as the surrounding 
Are along my favorite trail
The odor of a skunk .
The rank , strong and often lasting 
For days is common .
I even think about the dog Jake !
As I pass through a skunk patch ,
I wounder about the fragrance 
That I leave behind in my daily 
Interaction with others .
I know God spreads his fragrance 
Every where .
As my nose winched at the smell 
Of the skunk ,
I have to wounder about the times
When I might have hung 
On to anger and bitterness
to long .
Have I caused others to turn 
Their noses at Christianity 
Because my spirit stinks ?
I try to have the fragrance 
That I would want to share
With the world .
Yes the aroma 
Of Christ's love , grace and truth .
I Love You All
By Brock

No comments:

Post a Comment