Thursday, February 28, 2019

A Quiet Service


When my mom entered the nursing home ,
I knew it was time for her to go there .
I got to observe the many people 
Who care for those who reside there .
They helped my mother 
With morning meals , lunch evening meals .
They gently and carefully feed her
As time went by it got down to
One tiny spoonful at a time .
I believe that their patience and compassion
Sustained her more than anything on her plate .
I observed aids who work for little money 
Yet show love and concern for her
Because she was to weak to care for her self 
And even could not acknowledge their help .
Many people quietly served her day by day 
In obscurity .
Most of the people were great people .
They should be recognized 
For being true heroes to me .

                                     I Love You All
                                     By Brock 
















No comments:

Post a Comment