Saturday, February 22, 2020

God Carries Us


I would be dishonest if I told you 
I enjoyed affliction , discomfort ,
Brokenness , physical pain 
Or emotional heartache .
I have weathered several 
Of these seasons 
And I can tell you 
That at the time I found 
None of it to be enjoyable .
But it is endurable .
They say pain is unavoidable  ,
Suffering is optional 
So what is the difference ?
I believe that suffering is different 
Because it involves resistance 
To pain and attachments to outcomes .
In times of affliction ,
We can resist or we can accept and allow .
Without allowing abusive 
Situation to continue of course .
When we cooperate with God 
And commit to learning 
Every possible lesson 
That pain can teach us ,
We are forever changed ,
Looking back on the experience ,
We marvel at how far God has carried us 
And at everything we gain
In our perceived loss
God refines us in the fire 
So let Him .
                    I Love You All
                    By Brock


No comments:

Post a Comment